Patients referred to the office for a tooth that has never had a root canal before will have an exam and the root canal procedure the same day. Patients between the ages of 13-16 (we do not work anyone younger than 13).Patients whom may need an Endodontic Retreatment, or an Apicoectomy and all patients needing anti-anxiety medication are required to first have a consultation at our office. Your initial appointment will be for a non surgical Endodontic treatment other wise. If you are pregnant or think you maybe, we must have an approval signed by your OBGYN in order to have treatment at our practice. When you call to schedule an appointment please have your OBGYN’S fax number available for us. Please do not bring children who can not be left unattended to your appointments. We do not have an in-house babysitting program.
Occasionally, treatment can not be completed the same day, due to unexpected situations such as; swelling, large amounts of infection or inflammation, complex medical history, or an unexpected Retreatment or surgical procedure. A second appointment may be needed on another day.
ANXIETY – We can help you with any anxiety that you may have. Please let us know that you have anxiety when you are making your appointment. There are different levels and we can be very helpful determining which form of anti-anxiety medication may be right for you. We do not approve of patients being on their own method of anti-anxiety medications on their initial visit. There is a legal issue with filling out paperwork while taking medications that alter your thought process. We also offer Nitrous for low levels of anxiety. We will need to know in advance if you are needing or wanting to use Nitrous PRIOR your appointment. We will need extra time for a patient using Nitrous and there is an additional cost. Call us for more information.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation or treatment.
- Your referral slip from your general dentist with any notes an INSURANCE referral slip if needed.(this is needed for Aetna DMO and Cigna DHMO if the tooth being treated is not a molar).
- We collect co payments at the time of TREATMENT. WE NO LONGER TAKE PERSONAL CHECKS.
- If you have dental insurance, bring your dental insurance card and a photo id. This may help us to process your insurance claims. Just a friendly reminder that some insurance companies do not issue an insurance card.
- If you are pregnant please call us to get an approval sheet for treatment faxed to your OBGYN.
- The entrance to our suite is located at the front (road side) of the building.
- We have a handicap entrance located at the back side of our building. You may park in the handicap parking spots on the side of the building and use the handicap ramp. The handicap entrance is locked, you will have to call our office to let us know that you are here. The number is located on the glass door of the handicap entrance. If you do not have a cell phone, please call us prior to your appointment.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients 17 and under at the consultation visit. A parent or relative must be present at treatment if under the age of 18. Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment on your health history (i.e. pregnancy, diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, Latex allergies etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, Chemo therapy, etc.) (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med or joints.) If you are not a patient of record at our office, your general dentist will have to call in pre-medications for you prior to your appointment here.
Most insurance companies require that our office takes new x-rays and process them with insurance claims. We ALWAYS take new X-rays during your treatment at our office. We have digital X-ray equipment at our office which decreases the amount of exposure. Our office will send the newest X-rays available on the tooth that had root canal treatment or surgery at our office to your restorative dentist after treatment is completed. We can not start or complete treatment without digital x-rays.